In the following paragraphs, we are going to be taking a look at how to make an old laptop run faster all on your own, without assistance from a professional.
– Let your PC boot up totally before beginning any applications.
– Refresh the desktop after closing any request. This will take away any unused files from the RAM.
– Do not set large file size pictures as your wallpaper. Do not preserve a wallpaper at all if your PC is low on RAM (significantly less than 64 MB).
– Do not clutter your Desktop with a lot of shortcuts. Each shortcut on the desktop melts away to 500 bytes of RAM
– Empty the recycle bin regularly. The files are not really deleted from your hard drive until you empty the recycle bin.
– Delete the temporary internet files frequently.
– Defragment your hard drive once every two months. This will release a whole lot of space on your own hard disk drive and rearrange the documents to ensure that your applications operate faster.
– Always help to make two partitions in your hard drive. Install all significant Softwares (like PSP, Photoshop, 3DS Max etc) in the second partition. Home windows uses all of the available empty space in C travel as virtual storage when your Pc RAM is full. Keep the C Drive as empty as practical.
– When installing latest Softwares disable the option of having a tray icon. The tray icons use up available RAM, and in addition decelerate the booting of your personal computer. Also disable the option of starting the application form immediately when the Laptop or computer boots. You can disable these choices later on also from the Tools or preferences menu in your application.
– Protect your PC from dust. Dust triggers the CPU cooling admirer to jam and decelerate thereby gradually heating system your CPU and influencing the processing swiftness. Use compressed oxygen to blow out any dust particles from the CPU. Never use vacuum.
– RAM MAY BE THE WORKING Place (DESKTOP) OF THE CPU, KEEP It again AS EMPTY AND UNCLUTTERED Seeing as POSSIBLE!